China

Country Profile
 

People's Republic of China
(Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó)

Key Facts

Date of Independence:
221 BC
Capital City:
Beijing
Total Area Ranking:
3 of 236 in the World
Population Size Ranking:
1 of 242 in the World
Status:
current

The Country

Geography

China is located in East Asia. China borders 14 countries: Vietnam, Laos and Burma/Mynamar in Southeast Asia; India, Bhutan, Nepal and Pakistan in South Asia; Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan in Central Asia; and Russia, Mongolia and North Korea in Northern Asia. It also has a long coastline, facing South Korea and Japan across the East China Sea, and Taiwan and the Philippines across the South China Sea. China also occupies the formerly independent country of Tibet.

China’s terrain varies enormously across it’s vast area. Along the eastern coastline, there are large and highly populated alluvial plains. The delta’s of two great rivers, the Yellow River and the Yangtze empty into the sea in the central region of the coast. The south mainly features hills and low mountains, while to the west a high plateau and the Himalayan Mountain range are dominant. The world’s highest mountain, Mt. Everest (8848 m) lies on the Tibet-Nepal border. In the north the Gobi Desert and broad steppes-like grasslands predominate.

The total land area of China is 9,706,961 sq km (3,747,879 sq miles) and had a population of 1,354 million in 2012. Some 92% of the population are Han Chinese 92%, with the remaining 8% comprising 55 other ethnic groups. The capital city is Beijing, (formerly called Peking).

Loading map...

Loading

National History

Summary Narrative History

Timeline – Key Dates in China History

Further National Information

BBC News Profile: China
wikipedia: China
wikipedia: History of China

Aviation

Text to be added on the development of aviation in China.

Markings

Civil Aircraft Registrations

China civil aircraft use the registration sequence B-2000 to B-9999 since 1975. The original pre-1928 allocation was X-Cxxx, but this chnaged to XT-xxx in 1928.

An all-time Civil Rotorcraft Register of China listing is here.
The official Chinese civil aircraft register is available in Chinese text. There is also a Translated version.

Aircraft Operators

Military Air Arms

Current military air arms-
Air Force (People’s Liberation Army Air Force)
Naval Aviation (People’s Liberation Army Naval Air Force)
Army Aviation (People’s Liberation Army)

Historical military air arms-
Air Force (Chinese Nationalist Air Force)
various Warlord air arms

Central Government Agencies

Coast Guard Aviation (China Maritime Safety Administration)
Police Aviation (Ministry of Public Security)

Public Service Aviation

Medical Aviation – no information
Police Aviation (People’s Armed Police)
Search & Rescue (MOT Rescue and Salvage Bureau)

Commercial Aviation

Air China
China Eastern Airlines
China Southern Airlines

wikipedia: Airlines of China
The World’s Airlines: China

Private Aviation

To be added

Industry

Aircraft Manufacturers

None at present.

Aircraft Maintenance/Repair Depots

None known.

Airfields

Civil Airports & Airfields

Airports in China

Military Air Bases & Airfields

Military Air Bases Listing – to be added.

On Show

Aviation Museums

Beijing Aviation Museum
China Aviation Museum
China Civil Aviation Museum
Tainjin Binhai Military Theme Park
Korean War Memorial Museum
Maritime Museum
Military Museum of the PRC
Minsk World
National Defence Park, Chengdu
Northwest Polytechnic University Museum, Xian
Oriental Green Boat Park
Ranghe Aviation Exhibition Hall
Shanghai Aviation Enthusiasts Centre
Shenfei Aircraft Corporation Museum
World Park, Beijing

Airshow Dates

Key Airshow Dates

More Information

Aviation-Related Magazines

Magazines Guide for China

Aviation Bibliography

To be added

Web Links

To be added.

Like this post?

Leave a Comment

See us on Facebook