One PBY-6A (ex BuAer 46651) obtained in 1955 and registered TF-RAN (ex TF-FSD). The first aircraft operated by the ICG. The Icelandic Aviation Ministry originally bought it damaged from the US Navy on 17 September 1954, and registered it as TF-FSD. It was repaired by SAS in Copenhagen, and then given to the ICG on 10 December 1955, with the registration TF-RAN. It was used until 12 January 1963, and then parked until 1967, when it was tipped over by the wind, and later scrapped. The airframe was buried during the construction of Reykjavik airport in 1967. Used for maritime patrol and SAR.
|TF-RAN||2015||TF-FSD||10 Dec 1955||CAA No.83, wfu 12 Jan 1963.|
To be added.