The Philippines occupies a chain of islands in Southeast Asia, in the western Pacific Ocean. To the north, across the Luzon Strait is Taiwan, to the east is the Philippine Sea, to the south is the Celebes Sea and Indonesia, to the southwest is the island of Borneo across the Sulu Sea, while to the west across the South China Sea is Vietnam.
The Philippines archipelago comprises 7,107 islands, the largest of which are Luzon and Mindanao. Off volcanic origin, these islands are mountainous and still 50% covered by tropical rain forest. Terraced farming allows the growth of crops on the relatively rich soil.
The total land area of the Philippines is 300,000 sq km (115,831 sq miles) and had a population of 97.9 million in 2013. The main ethnic group is Filipino with 95% of the population, while Chinese, Spanish, American and Korean make up the remaining 5%. The capital city is Manila.
Further National Information
Text to be added on the development of aviation in the Philippines.
Civil Aircraft Registrations
Philippines civil aircraft use the registration sequence RP-C0001 to RP-C9999 since 1975. Previously used the sequence PI-C0001 to PI-C9999 from 1941 to 1975.
All-time Philippines – civil aircraft register (PI-nnn RP-nnn).
[Get involved with the Aeroflight Cloud.]
Military Air Arms
Air Force (Philippine Air Force)
Naval Aviation (Philippine Navy)
Army Aviation (Philippine Army)
Central Government Agencies
Government Aviation – VIP transport is provided by the Air Force
Coast Guard Aviation (Philippine Coast Guard)
Public Service Aviation
Medical Aviation – AirGurus provides a subscription funded helicopter EMS service.
Police Aviation (Philippine National Police)
To be added
None at present.
Aircraft Maintenance/Repair Depots
Civil Airports & Airfields
Military Air Bases & Airfields
Military Air Bases Listing – to be added.
Armed Forces Museum of the Philippines
Philippine Air Force Museum
To be added
To be added.