Located in Southeast Asia, Taiwan is an island state off the coast of China. It is separated from China by the Taiwan Strait and comprises the island of Taiwan and six groups of much smaller islands: the Penghu Islands to the west of Taiwan; the Kinmen, Wuchiu and Matsu Islands just off the coast of mainland China; and the uninhabited Pratas Islands and Taiping Island in the South China Sea. To the south of Taiwan is the Philippines, and to the northeast South Korea and Japan.
The eastern two thirds of Taiwan is covered by a series of five mountain ranges running north-south down the length of the island. In contrast, the western third comprises the flat or gently rolling Chianan Plains, where most of the population live.
Taiwan has a total land area of 36,193 sq km (13,974 sq miles) and had a population of 23.32 million in 2012. The main ethnic group is Han Chinese 98%, while the remaining 2% are Taiwanese aborigines. The capital city is Taipei.
Further National Information
Text to be added on the development of aviation in Taiwan.
Civil Aircraft Registrations
Taiwan civil aircraft use the registration sequence B-00001 to B-99999 (Except B-2000 to B-9999) since 1949.
All-time Taiwan – civil aircraft register (B-nnnnn) [TO BE ADDED].
[Get involved with the Aeroflight Cloud.]
Military Air Arms
Air Force (Republic of China Air Force)
Naval Aviation (Republic of China Navy)
Army Aviation (Republic of China Army)
Central Government Agencies
Government Aviation – VIP transport is provided by the RoCAF
Coast Guard Aviation (Coast Guard Administration)
Forestry Aviation (National Forest Agency)
Public Service Aviation
Police Aviation (Taiwan National Police Agency)
Civil Defence Aviation (Taiwan National Airborne Service Corps)
To be added
None at present.
Aircraft Maintenance/Repair Depots
Civil Airports & Airfields
Military Air Bases & Airfields
Military Air Bases Listing – to be added.
Chinese Air Force Museum
National Science and Technology Museum
Taichung Military Martyr’s Shrine
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Museum
Magazines Guide for Singapore
To be added
To be added.