|Total Still Active:||1|
|Total Now Stored:||0|
One BN.2B-26 Islander acquired second-hand from the civil market and delivered in December 1995. Later modified with a larger nose to house a search radar. A second example, (a BN-2T), was brought at the end of 1997 and modified to BN-2B-26 standard by PBN before being delivered in 1998. No radar is fitted on the second aircraft. Used for patrolling the fishing zone, monitoring pollution, and anti-smuggling and airborne policing duties.
|AS9516||2159||1995||Initially serialled 9H-ACU.|
|AS9819||2156||G-LIPP||1998||Initially serialled 9H-ADF.|
(photo: Flight Sgt. Larry Spiteri via armedforcesofmalta.com)
- World Air Power Journal No.9
- European Air Forces Directory 2001/02 (Mach III)
- Air Pictorial April 2002
- World Air Power Journal No.37 p.5
- European Air Forces Directory 2005/06 (Mach III)
- European Air Forces Directory 2012/13 (Mach III)
- Scramble Military Database
To be added.
See other operators of the Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander