|Total Still Active:||0|
|Total Now Stored:||0|
Two Beech Model D18S obtained in 1946, followed by three more later. CF-MPI was primarily used for the transportation of personnel and supplies in northern Alberta and in the Northwest Territories (NWT), but also saw service in search and rescue work, anti-smuggling roles, and mercy flights. The type was retired in 1973 when it was replaced by the Twin Otter. CF-MPI was acquired by Orville Rowland of Okotoks, who donated it to the Nanton Lancaster Society in 1998. These first two aircraft had two 0.50-in Browning machine-guns mounted in the nose.
|CF-MPH||A-141||1946||wfu 1971, preserved RCMP Centennial Museum, Regina, Sask.|
|CF-MPI||A-142||1946||wfu Feb 1973, 1998 to Nanton Lancaster Society museum|
|CF-MPA||5848||1960||w/o 26 Feb 1967 in hangar fire at Edmonton|
|CF-MPB||5964||1960||ex RCAF, scrapped 1968|
|CF-MPC||A799||1960||ex RCAF, scrapped 1970|
None at present.
- Beech Aircraft and their Predecessors (Putnam) p.81
To be added.
See other operators of the Beech 18